Welcome to the Certification, Approval, and Licensing Services (CALS) Digital Service Web Page
Service Manager: Phoebe DeMund
Product Owner: Leon Elzie
Development Team: Cambria Solutions
CALS API Team: EngagePoint
CALS Digital Service Team Vision
For state and county workers who ensure that safe and quality licensed facilities and approved homes are available for the children and nonminor dependents who need them, the CALS Digital Service Team will facilitate activities related to ensuring that licensed facilities, approved homes and associated adults meet and maintain required standards. The CALS Digital Service will be seamless and consistent throughout the state and, unlike the multiple existing systems, support immediate access to the current and necessary information needed to ensure the health, safety, and quality of life for the children and nonminor dependents in licensed facilities and approved homes; increase web services for stakeholders; and assist in the prioritization and management of state and county workload. The CALS Digital Service will deliver a service that enables each of the 58 county child welfare, probation agencies, and Title IV-E Tribes to make the best, informed decisions regarding the safe placement of children.CALS Digital Service Team Scope:
The CALS Digital Service will deliver several interdependent feature sets including:
- CALS Intake – Receive, review, and appropriately route information provided or gained from internal and external sources as causes for action.
- Home Approval and Licensure (Applications) – Reviewing applications for facility licensure, certification and/or home approval for state and county licensing and approval staff.
- Monitoring (Fieldwork) – Fieldwork and ongoing monitoring and evaluation activities of state and county licensing and approval personnel.
- Oversight Action – Record and ensure consistent and appropriate application of the policies and procedures for preventing, addressing, and remedying situations that have resulted or could result in harm or risk of harm to children.
- Background Checks and Certification – Record, review, ascertain, take action and/or report on background check status and certifications.
- Fiscal Management – Record and manage revenue generated through annual licensing, probation monitoring, application and orientation fees, as well as civil penalties; also to evaluate and project key cost centers in the licensing and approval enterprise, including tools for estimating program resource needs, by jurisdiction and/or statewide.
The CALS Digital Service Team is proud to welcome the following organizations as Core Constituents. We will work with teams from these organizations to conduct user research and site visits, co-design the CALS Digital Service, and conduct usability testing of CALS Digital Service prototypes.
CWDS encourages stakeholder feedback! Please visit our Stakeholder Feedback page to learn how you can engage directly with the teams.CALS Digital Service Team Links:
CALS Development Pivotal Tracker
CALS Business Pivotal Tracker
CWDS User Story Training