Child Welfare Digital Services (CWDS) will be hosting a Quarterly Stakeholder Forum on April 11, 2017 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
This all-day event will be held onsite at the CWDS campus at 2870 Gateway Oaks Drive in Sacramento as well as via video conference. The agenda will include a general session with a project update and multiple breakout sessions focusing on Technology, Intake and Certification, Approval & Licensing Services (CALS), and other project related information.
|10:00 am – 12:00 pm||General Session & Monthly Solution Demo: April 2017|
|1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Breakout Sessions:
Materials from Previous Forums
Child Welfare Digital Services (CWDS) will be hosting a Quarterly Stakeholder Forum on 1/10/17 from approximately 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
This all-day event will be held onsite at the CWDS campus in Sacramento as well as via video conference. The agenda will include a general session with a project update and multiple breakout sessions focusing on Intake, Licensing, Program Policy, Tools, Testing, Implementation, and other project related information.
We will send a detailed agenda once it is final. To register, please complete the following survey by Friday, December 23 to indicate whether you will be able to join us in person, via webinar, or if you will not be attending, but would like to be included on our mailing list: Register for Stakeholder Forum.
CWDS will hold core constituent kick-off meetings for Certification, Approval, and Licensing Services (CALS) in early to mid-December. Participants include Los Angeles, Orange, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties as well as the Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) of the Department of Social Services (DSS).
The kick-off meetings will welcome aboard these constituents who will work with CWDS in the development and delivery of solutions for resource family home approval and residential facility licensing. These solutions will enable each of the 58 county child welfare, probation agencies, and Title IV-E Tribes to make the best, informed decisions regarding the safe placement of children. The meetings will cover several key topics:
- Introduction and Welcome from our Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Organization Structure: Building of a structure that is inclusive of the constituents
- What is ‘Agile’?: How the agile methodology provides value to the constituents
- Roles and Responsibilities: How the constituents will participate in development from conception to delivery
Meetings are currently scheduled with Orange and Los Angeles Counties on 12/8/16, and with San Francisco County on 12/13/16. CWDS will also meet with the Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) of the Department of Social Services (DSS) on 12/15/16. A meeting with San Mateo County is also planned but the date has not yet been set.
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) will hold a quarterly forum to provide updates on the Child Welfare Services – New System (CWS-NS) project and the progress of the Child Welfare Digital Services (CWDS) team on Thursday, September 29 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. at the California State Capitol, room 317.
The forum will include updates on the following topics:
- Progress of the CWS-NS development and implementation
- Expenditures incurred to date
- Significant issues and risks overcome in the last quarter and significant issues and risks presently being addressed
- Upcoming project milestones and significant events
- How the agile approach has affected the project’s overall cost and schedule
- How the Department of Technology’s approval and oversight processes are being applied to the agile implementation approach
- How lessons learned from the agile implementation of the CWS-NS project can be leveraged by other state IT projects.
This briefing meets the requirements of AB 1603 (Committee on Budget, Chapter 25, Statutes of 2016) and is open to the general public. A copy of the briefing presentation is available for download here: