CARES 2.3 Release - Facility Search & Profile and Identity Management (IDM) April 27, 2019| 09:00 AM – 11:00 AM
To all SPOC’s and Technical Contacts:
EFFECTIVE April 27, 2019 CWS-CARES 2.3 PRODUCTION RELEASE IS SCHEDULED TO MOVE INTO PRODUCTION.
The CWS-CARES team has scheduled release activity that will interrupt connectivity to the CWS-CARES application. The release activity will begin at 09:00AM on April 27, 2019 and conclude at 11:00AM. During this scheduled outage users will not be able to access the CWS-CARES application.
CWS-CARES 2.3 is scheduled for release to all CARES users on Saturday, April 27, 2019. The CWS-CARES 2.3 release will include enhancements to Facility Search & Profile and Identity Management (IDM). The CWS-CARES 2.3 Release Notes describes the details of this release. In addition, there are interim processes for system features not working as designed and known bugs. Counties can access the CWS-CARES Release Notes and Interim Processes for CWS-CARES 2.3 on the CWDS website at https://cwds.ca.gov/release_notes.
- FACILITY SEARCH & PROFILE
- Displays the total number of search results returned based on the search criteria entered.
- FFH Applications are now displaying with the proper status from CWS/CMS
- Labels have been updated to be consistent with Resource Family Application (RFA) terminology
- IDENTITY MANAGEMENT (IDM)
Secure Login Updates
- New User Registration Email Updates
- Enable buttons once a user completes the CWS-CARES Login required fields
- New MFA Code automatically sent to user after 3 failed attempts to enter MFA Code or MFA Code expires
- New CAPS Lock warning message displays when applicable
- New MFA Code Countdown clock displays
Manage Users Portal Updates
- Ability to edit a user’s email address
- New Phone Number field added to User Profile page
- Unlock a user’s CWS-CARES account when user locked out due to failed login
- User’s CWS/CMS privileges display on User Profile page
- New free form text field, Notes, added on the User Profile page
- Read-only change logs are created for a variety of user account updates performed by Administrators
- Variety of messages display based on actions the administrator is taking
- Global Administrators privileges have been added to allow Global Administrators to perform work CWS-CARES user roles and/or permissions
If users experience any issues with CWS-CARES, please follow your county process for reporting issues or you may contact the CARES Service Desk at 1-855-292-3444.