CARES-Live 2.8.15 Production Release – August 26, 2021| 6:00PM – 10:00PM
ALL SPOCs and Technical Contacts:
EFFECTIVE August 26, 2021, CARES-Live 2.8.15 RELEASE IS SCHEDULED TO MOVE INTO PRODUCTION.
The CARES-Live team has scheduled release activity that will interrupt connectivity to the CARES-Live application. The release activity will begin at 6:00PM on Thursday, August 26, 2021, and conclude at 10:00PM. During this scheduled outage, users will not be able to access the CARES-Live application.
The goal of this release is to implement password policy changes and an update to Identity Management (IDM).
Password Policy Changes
- Users will not be able to reuse any of their previous six (6) passwords. The first time a user changes their password, it will be stored, and that is when the password history will begin.
- When reusing a password previously used (in the last six (6) iterations), the user will receive the following message:
- Users will only be allowed to change their CARES-Live password once within a 24-hour period.
- If a user attempts to change their password more than once in a 24-hour period, they will be prevented from doing so, and they will see the following message:
The user will see the message above after they select the “Forgot/Reset your password?” link, enter their email on the following page, and select the “Reset my password” button.
- User Profile – A new button will be added on the user’s profile page: “Clear Password Hold." This button is available to CARES-Live administrators to override the password hold and allow the users to change their password. This button will only be enabled if a password hold has been placed.
If users experience any issues with CARES-Live, please follow your county process for reporting issues, or you may contact the CARES Service Desk at 1-855-292-3444 or via email at Servicedesk@cwds.ca.gov during normal business hours. You may also email after hours, and a Service Desk representative will contact you the next business day.