CWS-CARES Release 2.4 Child and Adolescent Needs And Strengths (CANS), and Facility Search & Profile June 01, 2019
To: All SPOC’s and Technical Contacts
EFFECTIVE JUNE 01, 2019 CWS-CARES 2.4 PRODUCTION RELEASE IS SCHEDULED TO MOVE INTO PRODUCTION.
The CWS-CARES team has scheduled release activity that will begin at 09:00AM on June 01, 2019. There is no downtown associated with this release and users will be able to access the CWS-CARES application during the update.
CWS-CARES 2.4 is scheduled for release to all CARES users on Saturday, June 01, 2019. The CWS-CARES 2.4 release will include enhancements to Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) and Facility Search & Profile. The CWS-CARES 2.4 Release Notes describes the details of this release. In addition, there are Interim Processes for system features not working as designed and known bugs. Counties can access the CWS-CARES Release Notes and Interim Processes for CWS-CARES 2.4 on the CWDS website at https://cwds.ca.gov/release_notes
All CWS-CARES 2.4 Implementation Training and Organizational Change Management (OCM) materials related specifically to this release will be available on the CARES Implementation Portal by close of business Friday, May 31, 2019. Counties can access these materials at https://cwscms.osi.ca.gov/Portal/CARES-
CWS-CARES Release 2.4 will include the following:
- Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment (CANS) 2.0
- CANS reassessment feature - allows a user the ability to populate a reassessment with ratings from a prior completed assessment. This aims to eliminate duplicate data entry and to reduce the amount of time spent entering assessment data.
- The compare previous assessment over time feature provides a historical comparison of client assessment ratings. Users can see an at-a-glance view of a client’s assessment ratings overtime. Users can easily and quickly view client progress. This information informs client case plans.
- CANS print enhancements - are based on user feedback and aim to improve the user experience. Workers can confidently take the printed assessment information into a meeting with clients and other workers. The printed assessment form is designed to be easy to read and user friendly.
- Pop up modals - are triggered by certain actions, allowing users an opportunity to save data before taking actions that may cause data loss. This aims to improve the user experience and prevent potential data loss. Pop up modals are displayed if user makes changes to the assessment, hasn’t saved the changes, and attempts to navigate away from the assessment using the CANS breadcrumbs, browser back button, browser forward button, CANS print button, CANS change log button, or keyboard shortcuts to navigate away.
- The staff list on the supervisor dashboard will include names that are clickable/non-clickable. Staff without clients assigned to them are not clickable.
- An assessment status icon is included with each assessment listed on the client’s assessment history list.
- Message referring to the redaction of Substance Use Disorder (SUD) items changes based on the age template selected by the user. This prevents confusion regarding what items could be redacted when printed and which items belong to each template.
- The Childs age and DOB were added to the assessment header.
- The ability to enter the first and last name of the person that conducted the assessment and utilize a drop down to select the person role (e.g. CFT Facilitator, Child Welfare Worker, Mental Health, Community Based Agency, Other, Unknown).
- Client’s AKA will be included in CANS search results.
- All chevrons to expand or collapse domains and items have been moved to the left where all chevrons are located.
- Domain headers are expanded once user expands a domain
- A button added to the bottom of the expanded item, creating the ability to close and expanded item.
- A comment icon will only appear if there is a comment.
- Assessments can on be deleted when user provides a delete reason using a dropdown list. This reduces time spent typing a deleted reason manually. The comment field on the CANS change log captures the delete reason.
- The View Change log link is available on the assessment.
- Ability to generate summary card before completion.
- Arrow in bottom left corner of screen to easily return to the top of the screen.
- Facility Search & Profile 1.2.2
- Facility Search functionality will be returned to CWS-CARES users. This restoration of Facility Search functionality will be returned without showing complaint information for homes/facilities. The project continues to work on resolving issues around showing complaint information and will provide updates as new information becomes available.
If users experience any issues with CWS-CARES, please follow your county process for reporting issues or you may contact the CARES Service Desk at 1-855-292-3444.