The CWDS Implementation Team recently invited over 300 CWDS stakeholders to attend one of seven “CWDS Implementation Overview” meet-and-greet sessions. Those notified included Child Welfare Services and Probation Single Points of Contact (SPOCs), Technical Contacts, and Training Contacts from all 58 California counties, Kurok and Yurok Tribe contacts, CWS/CMS Regional User Group Chairs, and 6 CWS/CMS training academies. The CWDS Implementation Team conducted the seven sessions during the week of May 29. The purpose was to share high-level information about the implementation approach, identify some of the activities involved during implementation readiness, and provide a way for the participants to contact us and access project materials. The agenda specifically covered the following topics:
- What is Implementation?
- Why is Implementation Important?
- How do we Communicate?
- How can you Prepare for Implementation?
- What’s Next?
- How to Contact Us
- System training/Training-the-Trainer (TTT)/Staff or End-User Training.
- More information about the Contractor Implementation Lead (IL) who will support each “Org” (which is the general name for the entities receiving implementation services).
- Implementation dates and timeframes.
- Access to the PPT used during the sessions and the recordings of each of the 7 sessions.
- Go to the Implementation Management Portal area and click on Communication