Preparing Workstations for CWS/CMS Release 9.0 Pilot Week 1 - UPDATE

SPOCs and Technical Contacts for Placer, Sacramento, and San Francisco Counties:
December 28, 2022 UPDATE: There is a prerequisite for all workstations to run the R9.0 code, they must first have the following software installed on the workstation:
  • .NetFramework v3.5
  • .NetFramework v4.8
This software is located in the usual CWSDFRSR share folder. We have attached the newest version of the Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Install Options document for your reference.
Please install the software listed above on every workstation identified as participating in the R9.0 Pilot prior to pushing the R9.0 code to the workstation. Remember, the plan is to have 15% of your County’s workstations participating in the Pilot during the first week.
FYI, the R9.0 will be staged during the evening of Friday, December 30, 2023, at the earliest.  As a reminder, The Pilot begins on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. The R9.0 Pilot County – Technical Readiness Call is scheduled for 2:00 PM on that same date.
Thank you for volunteering to participate as a Pilot County for CWS/CMS Release 9.0. The Pilot Phase will begin on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, and conclude on Tuesday, January 24, 2023. The Pilot County Technical Readiness call is scheduled for Tuesday, January 3, 2023, at 2:00 PM.
Counties will not be expected to roll out this update to all of their users during the Pilot Phase. The plan is to limit the number of participants to approximately 15% of users within your county during the first week of the Pilot. During the second week, approximately another 15% of users will be added, bringing the total to 30%. Finally, during the third and final week of the Pilot, another 20% of users will be added per county, bringing the total to approximately 50% of users within the county using the updated R9.0 code.
Co-Existent Counties will need to push out the R9.0 code to the specific workstations each week. We suggest that you prepare by identifying which workstations will be receiving the new code each week.
IBM has provided an approximate total count of CWS/CMS workstations for each of the Pilot Counties:
  • Placer – 83 workstations
  • Sacramento – 450 workstations
  • San Francisco – 180 workstations
Using these totals as a guideline, we are asking Placer County to install the R9.0 to approximately 12 or 13 for the first week. Another 12 or 13 for the second week. And about 16 more for the final week of the Pilot.
For Sacramento, we ask about 67 workstations for the first week.  Another 67 for the second week.  And another 90 for the final week of the Pilot.
For San Francisco, we ask about 27 the first week.  Another 27 for the second week.  And another 36 for the final week of the Pilot.
Please be aware that as a Co-Existent County you might be requested to push out code more often once a week. Details are still being finalized and will be discussed during the Pilot County Technical Readiness call on January 3, 2023.
Action Required
Please make preparations for the R9.0 Pilot by identifying which workstations will receive the R9.0 code during each of the three weeks of the Pilot. Please contact Customer Relations if you have any questions.