Snapshot Statewide Implementation Announcement
To all SPOCs and Training Coordinators:
The CWDS Project is ready to rollout CARES 2.6 statewide and has decided on a phased implementation approach. CARES 2.6 includes the re-release of Child Welfare History Snapshot (Snapshot) with feature enhancements to improve search results and the user experience. As described below, there are a total of four (4) Phases with three (3) Waves included in Phase 4. Please pay close attention to the “Important Notes” below which describes the process for getting users access to Snapshot during the statewide rollout. Also below is information about Snapshot training sessions.
On September 7, 2019 CARES 2.6 was released to 34 users, all of which are Intake Digital Service Core Constituent Representatives (Butte, Fresno, Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, and Yolo) .
On September 16, 2019, CARES 2.6 was released to additional users in the Phase 1 organizations (Orgs).
These first two (2) phases allowed CWDS an opportunity to return Snapshot back to Intake Digital Service Core Constituents, as this is the group that previously had Snapshot back in November 2018. The CWDS Project is now ready to release Snapshot beyond the Intake group.
Phase 3 will be released on September 30, 2019 to identified users in the remaining CWDS Core Constituents (Merced, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Joaquin, Shasta, and three (3) CDSS Divisions: Administration, Children and Family Services Division (CFSD), and Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD)).
Phase 4 includes all remaining Orgs and the rollout will be conducted in 3 Waves. A number of factors were taken into consideration when assigning the remaining Orgs to a wave, including estimated user counts and the number of Orgs in each wave. Please note that the go-live dates are scheduled one week apart.
- El Dorado
- San Bernardino
- Del Norte
- San Mateo
- Santa Cruz
- Contra Costa
- San Benito
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Clara
- San Diego
- San Luis Obispo
- Tribes: Karuk and Yurok
Important Notes About User Access:
- The CWDS Project is handling user access on behalf of the Orgs via a bulk load. The project will continue to do so until the statewide rollout is complete on October 21, 2019. The bulk user load occurs on each Org’s go-live date.
- State or County CARES Admins will not be able to grant access to Snapshot during the statewide rollout. However, beginning October 22, 2019, CARES Admins will be able to grant Snapshot access as appropriate.
- The CWDS Implementation Team is working closely with all Orgs to obtain the list of identified Snapshot users that the project will grant access to on that Org’s go-live date.
- Please ensure your Org responds timely to the Implementation Team to ensure users are loaded on the scheduled go-live date.
- If the Implementation Team receives the Snapshot user list later than the Thursday prior to the Org's go-live date, the users will be loaded on the following go-live date.
To request user access to Snapshot after the go-live date but before statewide rollout is complete:
- Contact the CWDS Service Desk at email@example.com.
- Request must originate from the Org’s State or County CARES Admin, Project Manager, or Implementation Coordinator.
- The State or County CARES Admin must add brand new users into CARES before submitting a Service Desk request to add the Snapshot permission.
- This process will remain in effect until Snapshot statewide rollout is complete on October 21, 2019. As mentioned, starting October 22nd, CARES Admins will be able to grant access.
Train the Trainer (TTT) training sessions will be held October 3, October 10, and October 15, 2019. TTT will include a scenario-based live demo, including the review of OCM and training material. TTT Training registration details will be announced soon. Please refer to the CWDS Implementation Portal at https://cwscms.osi.ca.gov/Portal to access the CARES 2.6 training materials. The CARES 2.6 Snapshot Job Aid was posted September 6, 2019. A Snapshot Demo Video will be added to the portal before the end of September. The CWDS Implementation Team is excited to work with all organizations on preparing for go-live dates and post go-live implementation efforts!
Please share this information with County staff. For any questions regarding Cares 2.6 and the various phases of release please contact the CWDS Implementation Team via e-mail at CWDSImplementation@osi.ca.gov