The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) will hold a quarterly forum to provide updates on the Child Welfare Services – New System (CWS-NS) project and the progress of the Child Welfare Digital Services (CWDS) team on Thursday, September 29 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. at the California State Capitol, room 317.
The forum will include updates on the following topics:
- Progress of the CWS-NS development and implementation
- Expenditures incurred to date
- Significant issues and risks overcome in the last quarter and significant issues and risks presently being addressed
- Upcoming project milestones and significant events
- How the agile approach has affected the project’s overall cost and schedule
- How the Department of Technology’s approval and oversight processes are being applied to the agile implementation approach
- How lessons learned from the agile implementation of the CWS-NS project can be leveraged by other state IT projects.
This briefing meets the requirements of AB 1603 (Committee on Budget, Chapter 25, Statutes of 2016) and is open to the general public. A copy of the briefing presentation is available for download here: