The deadline to apply is June 15th. Read more details here: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=67175
CWDS Solution Demo June 2017
Date: Monday, June 19, 2017
Time: 2:00-3:00 pm, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)
Event number: 663 823 903 Event password: Dem62017 Event address: https://cwdsforums.webex.com/cwdsforums/onstage/g.php?MTID=eebd8f7136db7dc2e69cee3202a5859b5
Audio conference information
USA Toll: +1-240-454-0879
Access code: 663 823 903
Below is a chart that shows the delivery cycle for software features deployed into production. The project’s eight modules will be launched in stages, with ongoing enhancements to be deployed on the modern infrastructure that will offer a vastly improved user experience.
The blue boxes on the left side of the graph represent the research, design and development of products in partnership with Core Counties , on behalf of users across the state. The green boxes represent finished code that has been deployed.
As the project gets ready to deploy software to the counties, each county will have its own implementation lead to guide and support implementation readiness activities in the areas of project management, communications, data cleansing, organizational change management (OCM), staff training, and technical readiness.
- The Child Welfare Digital Services project plans to achieve full functionality of the existing system by 2020, when the legacy system is scheduled to be decommissioned. The project’s eight modules will be launched in stages, with ongoing enhancements to be deployed on the modern infrastructure that will offer a vastly improved user experience.
- Guided by user-centered design principles, each digital service works with teams from 4 to 6 counties, designated as Core Counties, to help design the system and inform important decisions. Every county has the opportunity to serve as a Core County. As subject matter experts with years of experience working as case workers, Core County representatives are considered part of the CWDS project team. They represent the user community throughout all 58 counties.
- To help improve communication between counties and the project, CWDS is taking a more strategic approach to regular meetings so that important information can better reach county leadership. Starting in August, an hour-long, monthly meeting with CWDA and counties will be dedicated to discussing the new system.
- A publicly available Sandbox will be available later this year to provide all county users visibility into the functionality of the new system. The CWDS Implementation Team will work directly with counties, with an implementation lead assigned to guide and support implementation activities.
- Policy questions, such as what impact pending legislation will have on the new system, are actively being coordinated between the County Welfare Directors Association (CWDA), the Department of Social Services and legislative staff at the State Capitol. While project staff stays abreast of policy developments, CWDS developers, designers and managers are keenly focused on producing software to reach full system functionality by 2020, built on a modern platform designed for continuous future enhancements.
|Child Welfare Digital Services|
|The Intake digital service will provide county Child Welfare Agencies an easy to navigate and efficient way to record and access information regarding child abuse, neglect, exploitation allegations, investigative findings and outcomes.|
|The Certification, Approval and Licensing Services (CALS) digital service will provide state and county licensing and approval staff and managers with a simple and efficient tool for facility licensing, certifying and resource family home approval.|
|The Case Management digital service will provide county Child Welfare Agencies a comprehensive, automated case management system that fully supports the child welfare practices and incorporates the functional requirements mandated by federal regulations.|
|The Resource Management digital service will provide caseworkers a single, integrated database to search for goods or services that have been purchased or contracted out so clients can receive proper assistance in the most efficient and effective manner.|
|The Court Processing digital service will enable CWDS to exchange data with court systems.|
|The Eligibility digital service will provide an automated solution to determine Title IV-E eligibility.|
|The Financial Management digital services will provide an automated solution necessary to ensure accurate and timely financial record and transaction authorization, processing and reconciliation.|
|The Administration digital service addresses the overall business organizational structure, staff management, and supporting tools, including forms and reports. This service manages state and county staff work and outcome measures that support California’s Child Welfare program. Counties administer their own users and roles via a super-user capability.|
Child Welfare Digital Services (CWDS) has posted the following two job announcements:
Under the direction of the Chief of Operations (DPM III), the DevOps Engineer (Systems Software Specialist II) contributes to the shared CWDS culture and vision by implementing and supporting cloud-based application infrastructure, as well as continuous integration and deployment automation. The DevOps Engineer supports CWDS by serving as the bridge between software development and operations teams.
See the job announcement here: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=65445
Case Management Product Owner
Under the direction of the Case Management Service Manager, the Product Owner (Sr. ISA) assumes responsibility for the day to day decisions for concept to delivery in development of software that meets user needs and solves real problems for resource family home approval and children’s residential facility licensing. The Product Owner guides and directs a team of software designers and developers to design, test, and deliver user-centered software using agile-based methodologies to meet the Service Manager’s vision and goals for the ultimate product.
See the job announcement here: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=65355
CWDS Solution Demo May 2017
Date: Monday, May 22, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)
Event address: https://cwdsforums.webex.com/cwdsforums/onstage/g.php?MTID=e556c1a5e70c8946ce38be63038f30a22
Event number: 663 251 041
Event password: soldemo
Audio conference: USA Toll +1-240-454-0879
Access code: 663 251 041